Covid-19 - Coronavirus
As per the current advice, the most important thing we can ALL do to protect ourselves remains:
- washing your hands more often, for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water.
- Make sure you cough or sneeze into a tissue, put it in a bin and wash your hands.
The Government are asking anyone who shows certain symptoms to self-isolate for 7 days, regardless of whether they have travelled to affected areas.
The symptoms are:
- A high temperature (37.8 degrees and above)
- A new, continuous cough
How COVID-19 is spread
Spread of COVID-19 is most likely to happen when there is close contact (within 2 metres or less) with an infected person. It is likely that the risk increases the longer someone has close contact with an infected person.
There are 2 main routes by which people can spread COVID-19:
- infection can be spread to people who are nearby (within 2 metres) or possibly could be inhaled into the lungs
- it is also possible that someone may become infected by touching a surface, object or the hand of an infected person that has been contaminated with respiratory secretions and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes (such as touching door knob or shaking hands then touching own face)
Preventing spread of infection
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
What are Brampton Golf Club doing?
- Door Handles/Plates cleansed regularly during the day
- Any virus symptoms shown by staff are acted upon immediately with self-isolation
- Monitors/Coffee Machine cleansed regularly during the day
- Flags on the Course are disinfected regularly during the day by the Greenstaff
- All water fountains are switched off
- Rakes will be removed from Bunkers with Greenstaff raking Bunkers daily (weather permitting)
What can you do?
- washing your hands more often, for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water
- Make sure you cough or sneeze into a tissue, put it in a bin and wash your hands
- If you or any close contact has any symptoms self-isolate yourself for a minimum of 7 days
- If you are playing golf do not take the Flag out of the hole.
- Remove your Ball from the Hole, if the Putt is not given!!, with your glove hand.
The current position is changing daily, and the message is Brampton Clubhouse and Course are OPEN FOR BUSINESS
16 March 2020
Return to News Page